What is the ultimate food that 99.9% love and crave almost all the time? But of course it’s chocolate! The decadent taste of the blended cocoa powder, with butter and sugar is hard to be ignored and it is almost impossible to resist a piece of this deliciousness (and especially not the second and the third pieces!).
But wait, are we really talking about chocolate, while you are trying to burn the calories, instead of adding them? “How can we be so cruel?” you might ask. Well, today we got a really cool and easy recipe for a homemade chocolate that not only takes less than 5 minutes to make, but that also completely ditches the unhealthy and processed butter and sugar and replaces them with much healthier ingredients! The catch? There is none! It tastes almost identical to a 70% real chocolate, but has much less calories.
First, we will replace butter, with organic coconut oil, which is a much “cleaner” product and is famous for its long list of benefits. According to nutritionauthority.com, these benefits include:
- Increased Energy Use – meaning that coconut oil can help you burn extra calories
- Kill Bacteria and Viruses – thanks to the Lauric Acid
- Satisfies Hunger – making eating less calories easy
- Can Lower Risk of Heart Disease
- Keeps Hair and Skin Healthy
Secondly, we will replace the overly processed and unhealthy table sugar that is commonly used to make regular chocolate, with a naturally derived sweetener, such as organic honey, maple syrup or stevia.
Finally, we are going to use organic cocoa powder that is full of antioxidants and fiber. All of these ingredients are going to make a great tasting chocolate that will demolish your cravings in a heartbeat and will also be healthy for you!
Assuming you already have all the ingredients, read the recipe below. If not, then run to the store and get them!
What you need:
- ½ c organic coconut oil
- ½ c organic cocoa powder
- 2-3tbsp stevia/maple syrup/organic or raw honey
- (optional) 2tbsp chopped walnuts
- (optional) 2tbsp shredded coconut
- Ice cube tray
What you do:
- In a bowl or a small pot, melt the coconut oil
- Once the oil is liquid, mix all the ingredients together
- And add the shredded coconut and walnuts
- Pour the mixture into the ice cube tray and put in the freezer for 30-40 minutes
Yep, and that’s it! Now you have a delicious and nutritious craving blaster that will satisfy your hunger and keep you on track with the BMBB nutrition plan. Enjoy!