This is a simple, healthy and yummy recipe that is perfect for the cooler October days! This healthy broccoli soup is especially good for those who are tired of eating broccoli, but still wants to reap all the health benefits from it.
I looked up a recipe for a conventional broccoli soup and replaced all the unhealthy ingredients like milk and white flour for healthy ones, like coconut milk and buckwheat flour (gluten free).
What you need:
- 8 broccoli florets
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp buckwheat flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
1. Heat up coconut oil in a pan on medium high
2. Cut up garlic and onion and throw it in the pan
3. Sautee until the onion starts looking translucent
4. Add broccoli, parsley and chicken stock and simmer for 10 minutes or until the broccoli very soft
5. Purée the veggies in a blender
6. Heat up the coconut milk and stir in the flour. Once you have a nice mixture, without clumps, add it into the puréed veggies.
7. Add salt and pepper and stir well
And that’s it! The entire procedure takes about 20 minutes and you are left with a delicious warm soup that is packed with immune system boosting nutrients. Perfect for the flu season!