Turns out Santa is all about staying fit in the next year and he is on his way to help you get in shape for the summer! Don’t be shy and ask him for one (or more) of the following 8 fantastic Christmas fitness gifts that will help you stay healthy and in shape year-round.
8 Must Have Christmas Fitness Gifts This Year
- Food scale/ measuring cups/ measuring spoons: As much as I would like to tell you that it’s fine to “eyeball”—the truth is this is extremely inaccurate. If you have a specific goal in mind, then accuracy is key. Having a food scale or measuring cups on hand to make sure you are having the right amount of chicken, cheese, or any ingredient is key to success.
- Blender: Smoothies, sauces, soups, shakes, desserts… There is so much you can do with this handy gadget. You can even grind oats or nuts into flour for making pancakes or whatever baked goods you are craving.
- Food processor: Not just handy for the usual pureeing of soups, but you can use it to help chop your salad, mash up potatoes, batter for cake or other baked goods, make banana soft serve… and much more!
- Slow cooker: You cannot beat the convenience of dumping in a package of chicken breasts and a couple of simple ingredients (like salsa or fresh veggies) in the morning, and having the most tender, delicious meal by dinner time.
- Tupperware or other food containers: Having meals portioned out or simply having food stored in containers in the fridge, you save yourself the urge to hit up the drive thru and get something off-plan. So convenient, and crucial to success!
- Water bottle or Blender bottle: Keeping a blender or water bottle on hand at all times is the best way to ensure you’re getting enough water… no matter where you are, you will not confuse hunger with thirst and will stay hydrated.
- Soda stream – I find many of my clients struggle with water intake for the sole purpose of not enjoying plain flat water. Prefer seltzer to water? Go green by making bottles of the carbonated refreshment in your own home. Throw in some lemons and lime for homemade Perrier to up the water intake. Lemons are also great for alkalizing your body, so feel free to enjoy them in your water, even if you like drinking it plain.
- Vegetable spiralizer: Planning to carb cycle in the new year? Looking for a swap for pasta on those lower carb days? A spiralizer creates strands of zucchini, cucumber, potatoes and more. Use your twirled veggies as a substitute for regular pasta in stir-fry and Italian dishes like this zucchini noodle meatball recipe.
These are my top 8 Christmas fitness presents that I think Santa should deliver to everyone, who is looking to get fit. To stay in shape year round, book an appointment with me for a diet consultation and a custom meal plan!