This is my favorite back workout! It’s intense and you will have to grab some heavy weights for it, but after doing it you should experience a huge improvement in your posture and overall strength. It will also give you a very nice defined back and arms, which look great in a tank top or with an open back dress!
Here is what I did:
1. Bent Over Rows: 3 sets 8-10 reps, 60 sec break – on the way down, count 2-3 seconds.
2. Narrow Grip Pull Down: 4 sets 6-8 reps, 60 sec break – pause at the bottom for 1 second.
3. Dumbbell Row: 2 sets, 10-12 reps, then without break switch back to the first side and do as many reps as you can and do the same amount of reps on the other side. Then again, without resting switch back to the first side and do as many reps as you possibly can. You will end up doing a lot of reps and should feel your back BURNING!
4. Reversed Rows: 75 reps in 5 minutes. I barely finished this one, it was really, really, really tough. If you don’t have rings, that’s fine, you can just lower a barbell in a squat rack to about 3-4 feet above the floor, get under it and hold it at shoulder width. From there, pull yourself up while trying to reach the barbell with the lower part of your breast bone.
5. Superset – repeat 3 rounds with 1 minute break in between:
a. Tricep Kickbacks: 10-12 reps
b. Narrow Push-Ups: 10-12 reps
c. Bosu Ball Crunches: 10-12 reps
This is an extremely tough workout, but it is suitable for any level of fitness as none of these exercises can be dangerous. Just retract your shoulder blades when doing any of the above back exercises![/et_pb_text][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” custom_padding=”0px|||”] [/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]