[et_pb_section admin_label=”section” transparent_background=”off” allow_player_pause=”off” inner_shadow=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”off” custom_padding=”0px||0px|” padding_mobile=”off” make_fullwidth=”off” use_custom_width=”off” width_unit=”on” make_equal=”off” use_custom_gutter=”off”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” make_fullwidth=”off” use_custom_width=”off” width_unit=”on” use_custom_gutter=”off” custom_padding=”0px||0px|” padding_mobile=”off” allow_player_pause=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”off” make_equal=”off” parallax_1=”off” parallax_method_1=”off” column_padding_mobile=”on” parallax_2=”off” parallax_method_2=”off”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
What you need
Who says pizza has to be a cheat food? Try this tasty version and enjoy a healthy, guilt free lunch or dinner. Since this is one of our favorite foods, I just had to find a better way.
What you need
For Pizza crust:
- 3 medium zucchini, grated – per cup
- 1 egg, & 4 egg whites
- 1 cup White Beans or Black Eyed Peas (mashed/blended to make a smooth consistency) if you want to make this even lower in carbs use 1 cup cooked and mashed cauliflower
- Salt & pepper to your preference
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce (look for low carb/low sugar)
- 1 tsp. dry oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ onion
- 2 cup spinach
- 1 cup mushrooms
- ½ red pepper
- 6 oz. chicken cooked breast
- 45g goat cheese (optional)
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray (I just use a few pie trays and make individual pizzas).
- Mix well grated zucchini, beans (or cauliflower) with egg and egg whites (or blend together), salt and pepper
- Place zucchini/bean mixture on the pizza pan spreading out to the edges of the pan.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes.
- Make pizza sauce by combining tomato sauce with oregano and garlic powder (add anything else you like). Spread pizza sauce on partially-cooked “crust” to within about 1/2 inch of the edge.
- Dice veggies and chicken and mix with goat cheese. Add toppings to the pizza.
- Bake for another 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and veggies are tender and cooked to your liking.
- You can really experiment with this recipe by adding a variation of toppings and spices. Get inspirations from traditional pizza toppings and try – BBQ pizza, meat lovers etc.
- If you use pie trays, you can simply cover with foil and store in the fridge which makes it very convenient to grab one and go.
- This is just a single recipe taken from our ebook, click here to download your copy and enjoy 99 more easy and healthy recipes just like that!