One of the main advantages of working with an experienced dietitian is that they can fit healthy, clean and nutritious food into your lifestyle. Changing your eating patterns and breaking old habits is extremely tough, so the transition needs to be smooth. This way you are much more likely to to stick to it. Here is another fantastic Halloween recipe from our in-house sports dietitian, Alysha. This healthy Halloween recipe will be perfect on your celebratory table for you and will make it one of the healthiest holidays ever! And if you need to get some help with rearranging your diet and look forward to each clean meal, book an appointment with Alysha right now!
Halloween Recipe: Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Souffle
What you need:
- 2 lbs (900g) Sweet Potato, baked, peeled and mashed
- Stevia to taste
- 1 tbsp, Spices, pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp, Salt
- 1/3 cup, Greek Low Fat Yogurt
- 2 tsp(s), Lime juice – Raw
- 1/2 tsp, Leavening agents, cream of tartar
- 12 Egg Whites
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place rack on lower third of oven.
- Prepare six 3½ inch ramekins by spraying each with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, place mashed sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie spice, salt, Greek yogurt, and lime juice and mix well.
- In another large bowl, use a mixer or a whisk to beat eggs until foam starts to form. Add cream of tartar. Continue beating until eggs form stiff peaks.
- Fold in ¼ of the sweet potato mixture, then carefully fold in the rest. Divide mixture into the prepared ramekins. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR UNTIL TIME IS UP. Also don’t bang the stove or souffle will deflate. Souffle will be done when puffed and beginning to brown.
- Let the dish cool for 15 minutes and enjoy!