Try this amazing late night snack to satisfy your post dinner cravings and hunger guilt free!
Cottage cheese used for the dip is an excellent choice for a nighttime snack because it’s low in carbohydrates and high in protein. Casein is a slow digesting protein found in cottage cheese will help you feel fuller and kill cravings. Look for cottage cheese with live and active cultures to get a dose of probiotics without having to take a supplement.
Zucchini Chips with Cajun Dip
What you need:
For the Chips
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ garlic powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
For the dip
- 1 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1.5 tbsp Cajun Seasoning (see recipe below or use commercial seasoning)
The below will make a big batch and can be used on all types of meats and veggies for a great spicy kick. Simply mix all the below ingredients together and store in a spice jar.
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
What you do:
- Preheat oven at 400ºF
- In the meantime, slice zucchini approximately 1/8 of an inch thick
- Place in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and chili powder
- Spray a large baking sheet (you may need two) with nonstick cooking spray like PAM, and arrange zucchini slices in a single layer
- Bake for 25 mins turning often.
- Reduce temperature to 300ºF and bake until crisp (another 10-15 mins).
- While the zucchini is baking make the dip by mixing Cajun Seasoning with cottage cheese and place in fridge until ready to use.
- Once the zucchini is baked, remove from oven and place on paper towels and let it cool
Makes 3 servings of dip and zuccini chips. Nutrient breakdown per serving:
Carbs: 5g (Fiber:1)