Crave sweets? Love cookies? Did you know evidence shows that your cravings for sweets are lessened when you nip them earlier in the day?! Why not start your day with some healthy oatmeal cookies?!
Long gone the times when healthy food tasted like sandpaper. Rejoice, for it is the era of a healthy food revolution, where stuff that’s good for you is now both delicious and nutritious! Amazing products like mung bean pastas, Ezekiel bread, stevia (a natural sweetener) and other goodies make it onto the shelves of the grocery stores and work on keeping your waistline thin.
As for these healthy oatmeal cookies, I as I usually do, didn’t reinvent the wheel. It is still the same recipe, just the unhealthy ingredients are swapped for what’s good for you (without compromising the taste). Read on for this simple and yummy recipe!
Healthy Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
* If you are following one of the Body Beautiful Meal Plans, this recipe yields = 2 servings (1P + 1SC each).
- 2/3 cup, Quick Cooking Oats
- 3-4 tbsp(s), Stevia In the Raw Granulated or other stevia preferred
- 1/4 teaspoon, Sea Salt
- 1 tsp, Cinnamon
- 1/4 Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 2 Egg (whites
- 1.5 Scoop Vanilla Casein Protein
- 1/4 cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- Line a plate with baking paper and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, granulated sweetener, sea salt, cinnamon and protein powder of choice and mix well
- Stir through the pumpkin until a crumbly mixture is formed. Using a tablespoon, add dairy free milk, one tablespoon at a time, until a VERY thick batter is formed
- Using your hands, form into a cookie shape. You can do 2 large cookies or 4 smaller ones (2 per serving)
- Bake for 5-8 minutes in a 350F oven just until warm & toasty
- No pumpkin around? Unsweetened apple sauce works too. Be aware it is a bit higher in carbs
- I have used a casein blend and a brown rice vegan blend to make this cookie. Whey changes the consistency slightly. You can omit the protein powder, but your cookie will be smaller. Depending on the brand of protein powder, your results will vary- You may need less/more so add it in tablespoon at a time.
- Feel free to add 2tbsp unsweetened cocoa if you are a chocolate person. Adjust the milk accordingly.
Like this recipe? Sign up for the Body Beautiful mobile app and get access to dozens of amazing, fat burning recipes