If you are following Tim Ferris’ slow-carb diet from the 4 Hour Body this is a great recipe. In fact it’s a great balanced meal for just about anyone. Clean, high protein, high fiber and delicious!
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (whatever oil you prefer)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1-2 medium onions – cut into long thin strips (I like lots of onion!)
- 1 can lentils
- 4 chicken skinless chicken breast cut into cubes
1. Combine all the spices together (cinnamon, chili powder, paprika, and cumin). Take one third of this spice mixture and combine it with 3 tbsp of coconut oil & garlic (we will call this sauce A). Set aside.
2. Take the remainder of the dry spices mixture and add to the red wine vinegar and olive oil (we will call this sauce B).
3. Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of oil or as much as you need, and add onion and chicken. Cook on medium until it’s about 2/3 of the way done. Turn the heat down to low-med, and add sauce A and continue cooking till done.
4. Take your lentils out of the can (rinse them) and put into a bowl. Add sauce B over the lentils.
Serve chicken w/ lentils. Add a dill and cucumber salad on the side. Yum![/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]