There aren’t a lot of people who can eat too many bland and dry chicken breasts and plain broccoli. It’s healthy, but how long can you keep it up, without going crazy?
There is a chance that you are a chef and can make anything taste delicious, but what if you aren’t? Are you destined to choke down your meals until the rest of you life? The answer is nope.
The trick is to take your favourite recipes and modify them. Just replace the unhealthy ingredients with the healthy ones. In the recipe below we did just that! We took an Indian style recipe, modified it and made a healthier version of it that tasted just as awesome! Let’s get to cookin’:
What you need:
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1-2 medium onions – cut into long thin strips
- 1 can lentils
- 4 chicken skinless chicken breast cut into cubes
What you do:
- Combine all the spices together (cinnamon, chili powder, paprika, and cumin). Take one third of this spice mixture and combine it with 3 tbsp of coconut oil & garlic (we will call this sauce A). Set aside.
- Take the remainder of the dry spices mixture and add to the red wine vinegar and olive oil (we will call this sauce B).
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of oil or as much as you need, and add onion and chicken. Cook on medium until it’s about 2/3 of the way done. Turn the heat down to low-med, and add sauce A and continue cooking till done.
- Take your lentils out of the can (rinse them) and put into a bowl. Add sauce B over the lentils.
Serve chicken with lentils. Yum!