Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce have received a bad rep, not because of the taste but due to the heaping amounts of calories. But, calories are not necessarily equal taste and today we’d like to prove it to you! All we need is the famous and delicious breakfast dish and a little bit of imagination.
What you need:
For Eggs Benedict:
1) Ezekiel English muffin
2) Natural turkey bacon
3) 2 eggs
4) 1 tsp white vinegar
For Hollandaise Sauce:
1) 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt (you can make it yourself, here is how)
2) 1 raw egg yolk
3) Juice of 1/4 of a Lemon
4) 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
5) 1 tsp. Dill
6) Himalayan pink salt
What you do:
- Fill a large and a small pots with water, so they are half full and heat them up on high
- When the water in the small pot starts to simmer, mix lemon, yogurt and egg yolk together in a heat proof bowl and place it in the middle of the pot. Heat until the sauce is thick, stirring occasionally
- Fry up the turkey bacon on extra virgin olive oil, to your liking
- When the water in the large pot starts to boil, add vinegar to the water and carefully crack the eggs into it, without breaking the yolks. Turn the heat off and let cook for 4 minutes.
- By now, the sauce should be ready. Take it off the heat and add Dijon mustard, dill and Himalyan salt
- Assemble the Bennys on the toasted Ezekiel English muffin in the following order: toast, bacon, eggs and pour the sauce on top
This recipe takes about 15 minutes to make and each Benny is about 250 calories. Great way to start the day! Enjoy!