If you have been eating healthy, unprocessed foods for a while, you may have already noticed how well you feel without that feeling of a brick sitting in your stomach after eating doughy things like pizza, bread and pasta. But, nobody can deny that these foods are absolutely delicious and it’s hard not to crave them from time to time.
We too, were craving some pizza the other day, but didn’t want to disappoint our digestive systems with the glutenous mess that the original pizza dough is. So as a solution for this dilemma, we decided to explore a little bit and come up with a pizza recipe that is good for you. We only had two criteria in mind: 1) it had to be healthy, 2) it had to be delicious.
So after some time at the kitchen, we came up with this recipe that fits these criteria!
What you need:
Pizza toppings of choice. We used:
- Goat cheese
- Sriracha sauce
For the “dough” you can use:
- 1 egg + 3 egg whites
- 2oz mushed sweet potato
- 1 tbsp flax seed (ground)
For the sauce:
- Tomato paste
- Garlic powder
- Fresh Oregano
What you do:
- Sautee chopped mushrooms, onions and red peppers with coconut oil. After 4-5 minutes set aside.
- In a bowl, mush together the whole egg, egg whites and sweet potato.
- Spray a pan with some oil and cook the “dough” on medium, until firm. It should look like a giant pancake.
- Top the “dough” with a mixture made from tomato paste, oregano, garlic powder
- Layer the veggies and let goat cheese melt on top
(note): You can also bake this on 350 degrees for about 20-25 mins as an alternative to cooking in a pan (put it in a foil pie tray). You will need to bake the dough first and then add the toppings.
Even though, this recipe recipe does not require flipping the dough in the air, but it turns out just as delicious as the original! Only difference, it is absolutely junk-free! Bon appetit!