Who says pizza has to be a cheat food? Try this tasty version and enjoy a healthy, guilt free lunch or dinner. This is already a third pizza recipe we are posting, but we hope you would love just like the previous two!
Bringing this pizza to a pot lock party is a great way to avoid eating junk food. Recently, Ivan and I got invited to one of those parties, so we made this recipe and brought it with us. It was a double win because, a) people loved it and couldn’t get enough of it, b) we avoided eating other foods that were not as healthy. Try it and you will love it too![/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_3″][et_pb_image admin_label=”Image” src=”https://www.buildmybodybeautiful.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/zucchini-crust-pizza.jpg” show_in_lightbox=”off” url_new_window=”off” use_overlay=”off” animation=”fade_in” sticky=”off” align=”left” force_fullwidth=”off” always_center_on_mobile=”on” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”] [/et_pb_image][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row admin_label=”Row” make_fullwidth=”off” use_custom_width=”off” width_unit=”on” use_custom_gutter=”off” custom_padding=”||0px|” padding_mobile=”off” allow_player_pause=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”off” make_equal=”off” parallax_1=”off” parallax_method_1=”off” column_padding_mobile=”on”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” custom_padding=”0px|||”]
What you need
For Pizza crust:
- 3 medium zucchini, grated – per cup
- 1 egg, & 4 egg whites
- 1 cup White Beans or Black Eyed Peas (mashed/blended to make a smooth consistency) if you want to make this even lower in carbs use 1 cup cooked and mashed cauliflower
- Salt & pepper to your preference
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce (look for low carb/low sugar)
- 1 tsp. dry oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ onion
- 2 cup spinach
- 1 cup mushrooms
- ½ red pepper
- 6 oz. chicken cooked breast
- 45g goat cheese (optional)
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray (I just use a few pie trays and make individual pizzas).
- Mix well grated zucchini, beans (or cauliflower) with egg and egg whites (or blend together), salt and pepper
- Place zucchini/bean mixture on the pizza pan spreading out to the edges of the pan.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes.
- Make pizza sauce by combining tomato sauce with oregano and garlic powder (add anything else you like). Spread pizza sauce on partially-cooked “crust” to within about 1/2 inch of the edge.
- Dice veggies and chicken and mix with goat cheese. Add toppings to the pizza.
- Bake for another 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and veggies are tender and cooked to your liking.
- You can really experiment with this recipe by adding a variation of toppings and spices. Get inspirations from traditional pizza toppings and try – BBQ pizza, meat lovers etc.
- If you use pie trays, you can simply cover with foil and store in the fridge which makes it very convenient to grab one and go.