Morning workouts are a fantastic tool to burn extra calories while everyone is still getting out of their beds. In fact, I cannot remember the last time I worked out anytime before 11 a.m. Here are the top 6 reasons why you should consider getting up a bit earlier and hitting the gym in the morning!
Did you know that an average North American spends 90% of their time indoors? Think about it, most of us wake up, get ready for work, get into a car and drive, get to the workplace, go to a restaurant, get back to the office, then hit the gym after work (unfortunately, that one is a maybe), then go back home (or to a restaurant/bar/club).
Notice a common trend? We spend most of our day without stepping outside for more than 30 minutes!
Personally, I try to spend as much time entertaining, being entertained and in general just being outside (in fact I’m working on my tan on the porch as I am writing this right now! But even though I’m out and about every evening, I still always find time for my workouts.
Well, I always opt for morning workouts! I have been doing this for years and it’s absolutely amazing. I have the afternoons free to spend with my family and friends, or even to do fun activities like bike ride, play beach volleyball or kayaking.
Have you tried morning workouts? I know, most people would rather hit the snooze button before they hit the gym, but making morning workouts a habit has a HUGE PAY off.
6 reasons why morning workouts are good for you
1) Burn more fat – studies show that you can burn up to 20 percent more body fat by exercising first thing in the morning.
2) Start the day with an accomplishment – even if you don’t do anything else for the rest of the day you’ll be amazed at how much burning up some calories before 8 a.m can improve your mindset!
3) Reduce your missed workouts – like I said, there is just way too much going on in the summer, at work and in life. People rarely book anything before 9am so you don’t have to stress about missed meetings, scheduled appointments or missing out on fun.
4) Eat healthy for the rest of the day – when you start the day off on such a good foot, the rest of the day is likely to follow suit and you are likely to eat healthier.
5) The endorphin high – you will start your day in an awesome mood! Yes, we all love that post-gym glow! So why wait for it until after work? Get your sweat on early and enjoy the feeling for the rest of the day.
6) You’ll have a better hair day – this is a definite win-win situation. If you wash your hair right after your workout, you’ll have shiny, clean hair the rest of the day!
The list can go on, but talk is cheap and at this point, why won’t you try a kick ass workout first thing in the morning?
Do some weights, go for a run, or even better, come see me in my morning bootcamp, if you’d like to burn 800+ calories before 8am! Start by booking your FREE trial class here and I’m looking forward to having you over!