This is a recipe of a faux ice-cream we love making when we train for a competition. It tastes creamy and has a little coolness to it, due to the mint. You can use mint leaves, but peppermint extract works just as fine.
Competition prep is perhaps one of those tough journeys which will put your willpower and focus to the test. It will also make you more creative in the kitchen, when you are trying to make healthy versions of your favourite foods. I mean, who doesn’t crave ice cream during their prep? Here is a recipe of a delicious and healthy ice cream that you can make in your own kitchen – guilt free!
What you need:
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Greek Yogurt (2%)
- 1/2 cup table salt
What to do:
- Mix or blend all ingredients, except for salt, together. Pour the mixure into a resealable sandwich sized plastic bag.
- Seal the bag and set aside.
- Fill a large freezer resealable plastic bag half way with ice and add the 1/2 cup of salt.
- Now place the small bag with the mixure inside the large bag and seal the large bag.
- Shake the large bag now for 5 mins hard until the mixture is creamy.
- Remove the small bag and rince of the salt – pour into a bowl and enjoy.
Makes: 2 servings
Nutrition Facts per serving:
For the Body Beautiful Nutrition Plan this equals to 0.5 Protein (0.5P).