For many, the beginning of a new year marks a point when they can start a fresh page, reflecting on the year that has passed and looking to the year ahead. Many people set goals and resolutions for themselves planning in 2016, writing a long list of things they wish to accomplish ahead. Despite our best efforts, it can be hard to keep those New Year’s resolutions. We often set our goals just a bit too high, too vague, or encompass too many aspects. Lacking clear goals for our resolutions, we become overwhelmed or don’t see progress towards meeting them, ultimately giving up.[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_3″][et_pb_image admin_label=”Image” src=”https://www.buildmybodybeautiful.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/fat-loss-resolution.jpg” show_in_lightbox=”off” url_new_window=”off” use_overlay=”off” animation=”fade_in” sticky=”off” align=”left” force_fullwidth=”off” always_center_on_mobile=”on” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”] [/et_pb_image][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row admin_label=”Row” make_fullwidth=”off” use_custom_width=”off” width_unit=”on” use_custom_gutter=”off” custom_padding=”||0px|” padding_mobile=”off” allow_player_pause=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”off” make_equal=”off” parallax_1=”off” parallax_method_1=”off” column_padding_mobile=”on”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” custom_padding=”0px|||”]
So let’s break the cycle and make 2016 different!
Whatever your goal might be, you will have to make long term changes your lifestyle. These goals include many factors to be successful including starting to exercise regularly, starting to eat multiple healthy meals throughout the day and not giving in to the social pressure of eating unhealthy foods. Small steps and simple changes are easiest to achieve and will make a big difference as you move towards a healthier lifestyle.[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” custom_padding=”0px|||”]
Here are a few tips on how to stay motivated to help you succeed.
- Define your goal clearly. What is your ideal situation for an end point? How would you feel once you achieve your goal? Which areas do you want to work on the most? Sit down, take a pen and paper and write down EXACTLY what your goal is. Make your goals measurable. Don’t just say you want to lose weight or eat healthier. Instead, make your goals something that you can measure. Set your goals with a number and timeframe. Here are some points to consider:
- How many inches do you want to lose or gain in each area: shoulders/chest/stomach/hips/thighs/arms?
- In how many months/days would you like to achieve your goals?
- What do you need to do EVERY DAY to make it happen? Example: what kind of exercise, what kind of food you need to eat, etc.
- How would it make you feel once you have achieved your goals?
- Once you have written it all on a piece of paper, keep it in the most visible area, like on the door of the refrigerator or on the wall in your office.
- Tell others around you about your goals and build a strong social support system. Get your partner or family involved in making healthier eating choices. Go for a walk on your lunch break with coworkers or workout with a friend. The more people that know about your goals, the larger the support you will have.
- Meditate and visualize your goal every day to stay focused. These exercises can take as little as 10 minutes a day to keep you positive about achieving your goals.
- Always remember how good you will feel, once you have achieved your goal!
- Stick to the plan